Research at University of Batangas
Research is a vitally significant component in the life of every university and serves as medium towards the attainment of the university’s goal of excellence. As one of the pillars of the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) alongside instruction, extension and production, research is expected to provide outputs that will generate new knowledge for the benefit of science and society.
At University of Batangas, faculty and students are highly encouraged to take part in the formation of a globally responsive environment through publications, research, linkages and liaison that will advance the frontiers of knowledge.
University of Batangas promotes creativity, innovativeness and technology development to meet the challenges of national and international thrusts. These research projects develop mutually beneficial partnerships and linkage with both local and international establishments and institutions which serve as inspiration for the researchers to go through research projects with full support from the administration.
University Research Center
At the University of Batangas (UB), the Research and Publications Office (RPO) was established to spearhead and administer research – related matters as well as to develop and accelerate teaching competencies of faculty members through research, with the strong belief that new information and innovative ideas can be generated when the mind is trained and practices scientific inquiry.
The Research and Publication Office is the research repository of the University of Batangas which is tasked with the information dissemination, development and implementation of the research policies and research outputs of the University. RPO endeavors to maintain a dynamic research culture which is highly responsive to the promotion of excellent quality of life in and out of the academe. Its activities are also in line with the objective of increasing the University’s productivity and innovation in research, scholarship and creative activities that impact economic and societal development.
RPO shall foster creativity, innovativeness and technology development in research to meet the challenges of national and international thrusts.
To lead the University in the creation of a globally responsive environment through publications, research, linkages and liaison that will advance the frontiers of knowledge.
To visualize the Vision and Mission statements of the Research and Publications Office (RPO), the following objectives were formulated.
1. To integrate GAD principles in the research projects;
2. To initiate research projects that is beneficial to the partner community;
3. To assist CES Office in the conduct of impact assessment of community extension projects;
4. To provide research-related training, seminars, workshops, and capacity building;
5. To enhance the UB Research Manual (guidelines and procedures) and RPO Quality Objectives that is aligned with University's context of the organization;
6. To align the research undertakings of the colleges/department with the institution's and NHERA's research agenda; and
7. To increase research undertakings and output in the university.